Oh, California, I have such a love-hate relationship with you.
A magical coastline, (mostly) beautiful weather, mountains, redwoods, orcas, and oceans. There aren’t many places in the world where Christmas Day includes spotting whales off the coast, or a lazy Sunday means camping under the stars on top of a two hundred foot cliff.
But there are also few places in the world where my road rage gets *top notch*. California drivers, I have a few questions:
- DO YOU KNOW YOUR BLINKER EXISTS
- Why do you never let people merge?!
- Where is your *effective* public transit system?!
- Why is your rush hour 24/7?
- DO YOU KNOW HOW FOUR WAY STOPS WORK
- How do you survive here?
I love California. But I’m not sure I could ever live here. There are too many people, and even in small towns it takes 15 minutes to go 2 miles. That’s just too damn long for a girl from the middle-of-nowhere Michigan.